Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Historia y dispersión de los frutales nativos del neotrópico

(1/1)

Felipe:
Here you can find a great ebook which you can even download for free! Unfortunatelly for some of you guys it is only avaible in spanish..

http://www.ciat.cgiar.org/es/Regiones/america_latina_caribe/frutas_tropicales/Paginas/publicaciones.aspx

fruitlovers:

--- Quote from: Felipe on February 13, 2012, 04:44:28 PM ---Here you can find a great ebook which you can even download for free! Unfortunatelly for some of you guys it is only avaible in spanish..

http://www.ciat.cgiar.org/es/Regiones/america_latina_caribe/frutas_tropicales/Paginas/publicaciones.aspx

--- End quote ---

Hi Felipe, i have this book. I think would be disappointing to those thinking it's a description of fruits in Colombia. It's mostly a history of how the fruits were introduced to certain places. The author takes quotes from other antique books to try to piece it together. BTW, the author is a professor in Colombia that popularized and had the borojo frut named after: Patino, so Borojoa patinoi.
Oscar

murahilin:

--- Quote from: fruitlovers on February 13, 2012, 05:00:03 PM ---Hi Felipe, i have this book. I think would be disappointing to those thinking it's a description of fruits in Colombia. It's mostly a history of how the fruits were introduced to certain places. The author takes quotes from other antique books to try to piece it together. BTW, the author is a professor in Colombia that popularized and had the borojo frut named after: Patino, so Borojoa patinoi.
Oscar

--- End quote ---

Warren brought back some seeds of the borojo from PR but I don't think any of them germinated. Are you growing in HI?

fruitlovers:
There's some at the experimental station here. Will try to get some.
Oscar

Felipe:

--- Quote from: fruitlovers on February 13, 2012, 05:00:03 PM ---Hi Felipe, i have this book. I think would be disappointing to those thinking it's a description of fruits in Colombia. It's mostly a history of how the fruits were introduced to certain places. The author takes quotes from other antique books to try to piece it together.

--- End quote ---

That's right Oscar, it idoes not cataloge fruits, like the wonderful book of brazilian fruit you recently send me, but tells a lot about history and dispersion of fruit in tropial America, as the title sais. But very, very interesting. I like specially the historical quotes. I wish I had a physical example of the book... I envy you  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version