Author Topic: Fresh Super Good Durian from Thailand  (Read 815 times)

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Fresh Super Good Durian from Thailand
« on: July 06, 2021, 05:43:58 AM »
I am sure many of ou have tried the frozen chanee, monthong and musang king and they bare alright. I just tried the frsh durian monthong - Palu super and it blows that stuff away.

Look at the date it was packed. I am led to believe these are very good selections of monthong and you can see on the packaging other varieties are exported as well. I got 4 seeds out of this pack that appear to be viable.

Gone tropo

• Durian obsessed
    • Nth Qld Australia, zone 13a
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh Super Good Durian from Thailand
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 07:13:27 PM »
Mike can you share where you got this from? I would like to try some urgently

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 08:44:42 PM »
I can’t believe a Monthong is better than a Musang King. I like the slight bitter aftertaste of the King. You are so lucky to have different grades of Durian. I can’t believe the package even gives the firmness and sweetness levels. That’s it, I’m moving to Australia!

Simon

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 09:47:38 PM »
I am sure many of ou have tried the frozen chanee, monthong and musang king and they bare alright. I just tried the frsh durian monthong - Palu super and it blows that stuff away.

Look at the date it was packed. I am led to believe these are very good selections of monthong and you can see on the packaging other varieties are exported as well. I got 4 seeds out of this pack that appear to be viable.
What is Palu super? Was that packed in April or in July? I guess April otherwise you would have to gotten it in 2 days, and i don't think that's possible. So it's been chilled for 3 months?
Oscar

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 10:45:31 PM »
One day to Australia after packing so was never really chilled. Palu is the area and super is the best monthong selection..It along with BT, MK and KY are top tier varieties and it is subjective which is rated highest. That was July btw and consumed within 2 days.

Stevo

• Australia Far North Queensland Cairns 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 01:25:04 AM »
Nice product but you'd have to really like Durian at AUD $45 per pack

Triloba Tracker

• Psalms 104:14
    • USA, Middle Tennessee, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 08:47:32 AM »
I can’t believe a Monthong is better than a Musang King. I like the slight bitter aftertaste of the King. You are so lucky to have different grades of Durian. I can’t believe the package even gives the firmness and sweetness levels. That’s it, I’m moving to Australia!

Simon

I’m coming too. Need some durian. For a while I was finding great frozen seedless chunks but the market switched brands and the new stuff has melted and refrozen and is terrible.