Author Topic: How to Make Dried Longan in China  (Read 5362 times)

andyzhou1983

• View Profile
How to Make Dried Longan in China
« on: September 11, 2012, 05:13:03 AM »
Hi everyone,I am from Fujian China.I know there's Longan tree in Florida States,and now is the harvest season.So does in Fujian China.As we all know,Fresh Longan is very difficult for storage, in China,we made fresh longan into dried longan and sell it,especially in the big harvest year.I am curious to know if FL state do the same thing ? or you just sell fresh longan ?

In this year,my father build a "equipment" to made dried longan,as you can see in the picture below,anyone interest in the produce process in making dried longan ? :)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:53:30 AM by andyzhou1983 »

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: How to Made Dried Longan in China
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 05:47:12 AM »
OK, your drying set up explains why dried longans from China and Thailand have smoky taste. I often wondered that. I haven't dried longans yet, but plan to this year. But will use electrical dehydrator. Will have to take peel off as the trays are not thick enough to hold the fruit with the peel. Yes i am interested in your drying process. I know that in China it is very common to dry lychees also. Do you do that? Is process for lychee the same?
Oscar

andyzhou1983

• View Profile
Re: How to Made Dried Longan in China
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 09:29:22 AM »
Yes,of cause we dried lychees at the same way.In my hometown,where is a small village,farmers are all dried Longan in this way,the different is someone use coal to dried the longan,we use wood.Since you said you can use machine to dried it,can show any pictures to see how the machine looks like ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk